15 Minutes Max – Seattle Amazonian Music Showcase 2018, my brainchild event to promote the musical talent within Amazon, as long as one member of each band is an employee at Amazon. Below are snippets of each band’s performances as well as some Q&A with from each band. Fifteen questions for 15 Minutes Max.
Here’s the info from our bandleader. — Scott
Getting to know the band . . .
- Name of your band? -Kirby Krackle
- What does it mean and where’d the name come from? When Stan Lee and Jack Kirby started Marvel Comics in the 60’s Lee wrote, and Jack drew many of the titles. When he needed to draw something representing energy, he did so with tons of black dots grouped together to represent action and sound. It sounded like a great name for what I was trying to achieve writing songs about comics and superhero culture.
- Who are the members in your band? (first and last name)
Kyle Stevens (Vox / Guitar)
CJ Stout (Guitar)
Scott Andrew (Bass)
Don Gunn (Drums)
- How did you meet? – Kyle started Kirby Krackle in 2009 and over time invited everyone currently in the band.
- Who is or are the Amazonians? And what department/role are they at Amazon? Scott Andrew is the current Amazonian and works within IMDb.
- What is your favorite place your band has play? One of the biggest opportunities Kirby Krackle has had has been to open for Weird Al Yankovic in an arena in 2013. At that time, Kirby Krackle had been the only group to ever open for Weird Al.
- How did your band come together? Kirby Krackle is a project put together exploring the possibility of syncing a love of superhero culture to music; songs about, from the perspective of, and celebrating comic book culture.
- Where may we find your music? The hub for everything Kirby Krackle can be found at kirbykracklemusic.com
- Are any of you single? (fun question for the emcees) 🙂 No, but please feel free to hold our kids and so we can go to a movie ok great thanks.
- Do any of you play other multiple instruments? We each dabble in other instruments outside of our main skill set (see above), and our drummer Don is a music producer recognized worldwide. In house benefits!
- What is something unusual about your band? Kirby Krackle is an unusual band as we get picked up to do a lot of non-tradiational shows within the comic con community and surrounding brands. We’ve created custom songs for Cards Against Humanity, composed the soundtrack for the Marvel / Disney XD “Guardians Of The Galaxy Cartoon”, and this past summer was a headliner at Disney’s D23 fan event in Anaheim CA.
- What is something you’d like the audience to know? Though Kirby Krackle music centers around the fandom of comic books and geek culture, the root of our songs is based in exploring life’s trials and celebrations that everyone can relate to. You don’t have to be a nerd to enjoy our music, but if you are, the references and Easter Eggs make it even that much more fun.
- What do you like to do outside of work and music? (Hobbies, talents, etc) Camping, brewing beer, web-cartooning, baseball, etc.
- Who is your favorite band(s) and inspiration/influences? Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Ryan Adams, Run The Jewels
- Who do you sound like? See above. 🙂
Getting to know the band PF Liars
- Name of your band: PF Liars
- What does it mean and where’d the name come from? It’s stands for Pretty Faced Liars, but it’s a play on words from the shoes from the movie Sandlot
- Who are the members in your band? (first and last name) Blaine Rochester, Keelie Martin , Joseph Comin, Elliot Mejjia, Jazmin Moreno, Sigfried Wyncoop
- How did you meet? From mutual friends within the Seattle music community
- Who is or are the Amazonians? Blaine Rochester. And what department/role are they at Amazon? Works for the AV/ Digital Media team
- What is your favorite place your band has played? The F’N Catalina Wine Mixer
- How did your band come together? We all met through mutual friends
- Where may we find your music?
Amazon Music https://www.amazon.com/Girl-I-Used-Know-Explicit/dp/B079JT5FC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1520454024&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=PF+Liars+Girl+I+Used+to+know
- Are any of you single? (fun question for the emcees) J Yes, Joseph the Guitar player
- Do any of you play other multiple instruments? Yes, a few of us play guitar/keys/Sax
- What is something unusual about your band? We have only been a band for a year
- What is something you’d like the audience to know? Our debut album is available on Amazon Music and every dollar spent raises money towards funding our first tour
- What do you like to do outside of work and music? I like to cook.
- Who is your favorite band(s) and inspiration/influences? Everything from Red Hot Chili Peppers to Prestige Worldwide…wide…wide
- Who do you sound like? Our voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.
Getting to know the band . . .
- Name of your band: Adam Krum
- What does it mean, and where’d the name come from? Adam is my first name, and Krum was my nickname while growing up — it’s tied into one name. J
- Who are the members in your band? (first and last name) Shane Jones is a fellow Amazonian who sits right next to me. He was also in the U.S. Air Force as the lead guitarist for the world-traveling USAF Band called “Top In Blue.” They played 120 shows in 34 countries to raise the morale of military members and their families.
- How did you meet? We met at work!
- Who is or are the Amazonians? And what department/role are they at Amazon? We are both on the US Hardlines Team focusing on Selection.
- What is your favorite place your band has played? I was the headliner for a big show at the Hard Rock in DT Seattle, which sold out.
- How did your band come together? I have a band in Nashville and Seattle but have been playing with Shane to get ready for this show and a show in May or June.
- Where may we find your music? You can find my music on all streaming sites. Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Adam Krum. Also follow me on Instagram @adamkrum for new music and concert info.
- Are any of you single? (fun question for the emcees) J No we are not; we are both married with babies.
- Do any of you play other multiple instruments? Shane: guitar, ukulele, bass, electronic composition.
- What is something unusual about your band? I play country music and live in Seattle. LOL
- What is something you’d like the audience to know? I write and perform music about moments in my life that have affected me in a big way. So most of my songs are related to me in some way; although, I know that my songs are also about everybody and their life-journeys.
- What do you like to do outside of work and music? (Hobbies, talents, etc.) Love boating and sitting on the beach watching the waves roll in.
- Who is your favorite band(s) and inspiration/influences? I am a huge fan of older country music like Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and Toby Keith.
- Who do you sound like? Adam Krum. haha
This band has two Amazon employees who both answered the questions. You get a two for one on their questions. First is from Cameron and second is from Kyle.
Getting to know the band . . .
- Name of your band: Biddadat
- What does it mean and where’d the name come from? Gimme a little biddadat 😉
- Who are the members in your band? (first and last name) Cameron Brownell, Kyle Miller, Remy Morritt
- How did you meet? Cam and Kyle met through music in High School. They met Remy gigging in Seattle
- Who is or are the Amazonians? And what department/role are they at Amazon? Cameron Brownell and Kyle Miller work for AV/IT at Amazon.
- What is your favorite place your band has played? The Festival at Sandpoint (ID) supporting the B-52’s.
- How did your band come together? Met by seeing each other play in different bands
- Where may we find your music? Anywhere! Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, Soundcloud, CDBaby, Youtube, Shazaam, Pandora…. The list goes on.
- Are any of you single? (fun question for the emcees) J Kyle Miller is the only single.
- Do any of you play other multiple instruments? We all do J
- What is something unusual about your band? We are weirdos.
- What is something you’d like the audience to know? Come talk with us after the set!
- What do you like to do outside of work and music? (Hobbies, talents, etc) Hiking and Camping.
- Who is your favorite band(s) and inspiration/influences? Stevie Wonder, Frank Zappa, The Meters, KNOWER, Earth, Wind, and Fire, … all jazz, rnb, funk, and rock music.
- Who do you sound like? Jamiroquai, Chalk Dinosaur, The Floozies, The Police, Umphrey’s McGee
- Nonsense… Made up out of gibberish from our longtime friend
- Cameron Brownell (vox), Kyle Miller (bass), Remy Morritt (drums)
- Cameron and Kyle met when they were 13 & 14 playing in the school jazz band and choir. Formed a metal band together throughout high school. We met Remy two years ago when his band (Flip Phone) opened up for us. We got rid of our old drummer and gave Remy the gig!
- Cameron and Kyle are our Amazonians both working for AV. Cam runs Doppler’s AV team and Kyle is a part of the Day 1 AV team.
- Nectar Lounge in Fremont.
- Cam moved to Seattle for school and told Kyle to move here to start up another band.
- Spotify, Amazon Music, Itunes, Soundcloud,
- We all play guitar, bass, keyboards, drums
- We have a lead bass player rather than a lead guitar
- That we love them and want to be their friends, check out our show dates on Facebook!
- Drink coffee, more music, travel
- Anomalie, Hiatus Kaiyote, Frank Zappa, Rush
Our Special guest, local Seattle legend . . .
Ayron Jones (and the Way)
And another one for you:
We had the opportunity to join with Seattle Music Partners an outstanding organization who raise money for inner-city Seattle school children to get band instruments, music stands, music books, lessons and safe transportation to and from the lessons. They are having their annual fundraiser this Wednesday, March 28th at the Northwest African American Museum in Seattle.